Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 13, 2009

Bi Bim Bap A Whomp Bam Boom

.



I've only had Korean food once before, and I have Sarah to thank for that, via the dormant Dine & Dish. I ordered the Bi Bim Bap, and while at first skeptical really enjoyed it.

I thought it a good dish to recreate, which is hilarious when you realize exactly how many mini recipes are required, but what the heck; did it anyway.


I used this recipe; skipping the spinach, and opting to not saute the carrots & cucumbers. Also, oddly enough...at no point does the recipe tell you to actually cook the marinated chicken. Um...yeah. Went ahead & did that, anyway.

And yes, it was good. But the reason I wanted to make this, really? So I could make the gamja jorim, a sweet & spicy braised potato dish, for which Ellie had given me a recipe.

When first served this, among many other 'sides', I didn't know what they were & was pretty sure I didn't want to. Then Matt tried them, said 'potato', and suddenly I looked down & all my taters were gone! So good.

So when I asked for help, Ellie stepped in & made the dish her grandmother had taught her mother and her mother had taught her, and graciously shared it with me.

LOVED it. Great texture, and yes, sweet & spicy. Served them right in the bowl, to be mixed with other toppings.

So thanks to both Sarah & Ellie for this one!






This month, we're sleeping in a little late, but the party won't suffer...we're having Brunch!

RSVP by Friday, 20 March

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker