Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

They Make a Cream for That

.





Yesterday marked our seventh wedding anniversary. I'm not into the grand romantic gesture, nor am I hung up on the stereoptypical 'expressions' of love; we don't see the need to pay outrageous amounts of money for a dinner we could have (happily) cooked ourselves, and I'm much happier with a novel, comic book or bag of vanilla beans than if Matt showed up with jewelry.

So we celebrated the how-can-it-be-seven-years-already? with a completely no-cook, no fuss meal.

Cheeses...a lavender Chevre (Purple Haze), Fromage d'Affinois, smoked Gouda, Jarlsberg, & Kerrygold Dubliner.

A crusty baguette, crackers & fresh berries, along with sparkling blueberry juice. Perfect meal.

As for the whole 'Seven-Year Itch' phenomenon, no worries here. We both hated the dating process; and back then we were younger & carried less baggage. There's no way either of us want to deal with that, Ever Again.








This month, we're sleeping in a little late, but the party won't suffer...we're having Brunch!

RSVP by Friday, 20 March

12 Thoughts for food:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger 2be said...

Happy Anniversary! That looks like a very tasty way to celebrate.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

I really like your philosophy of life. Nothing wrong with taking great pleasure in a simple experience. Important events don't need to be justified by grand gestures!

Dan
Casual Kitchen

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Ravi said...

Stephanie, hearty congratulations to both of you on your anniversary and wishing many more such happy anniversaries to come.

I liked your thoughts in the first para - about not being ruthlessly lavish just to be "sterotyped". I agree that a home cooked meal could do much justice than a restaurant meal. Great thoughts!

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ashley...thank you!! It really was, and best part? Practically no dishes afterwards!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Dan, thanks. And trust me, Matt knows what a lucky guy he is...! I think he's wonderful if brings me a pint of raspberries, so it doesn't take much to impress me.

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Ravi!

Things go so well when you find someone who 'gets' you, and believe me...Matt & I 'get' each other very well. With seven years to prove it!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Esme said...

Happy Anniversary-we will be celebrating our 7th this year also-I keep on telling my husband we need to start itching.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Atomic Lola said...

What an absolutely sublime idea! Happy Anniversary!

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks & sounds like a delicious way to celebrate the occasion. ;)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Esme...thank you, and same to you!!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Lola; thank you! This is a favorite of ours; so low-effort, and so good!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Pam...and it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker