Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Kid's Lunch Is More Interesting Than Your Kid's Lunch. I Bet.

.




Pride goeth before...well, you know. I'm bound for a tumble, then.

I love the way Alex eats. One day he's taking a caprese salad for lunch, the next, satay. Another day it's fried rice. Or maybe Pad Thai.

This was his first time, and he loved it. He decided he could do without the squeeze of lime juice, but he ate it all up. Then asked if there were left-overs, so he could take it to school the next day. And oh, Mom...are my chopsticks clean?

Yeah, I'm proud.

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

Sounds like you are raising the perfect kid! And your lunches sure beat out what I took to school back in the day. :)

Dan
Casual Kitchen

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh yum. Sounds like a good lunch to me! Is that from Stir Fry? I LOVE their Pad Thai. We've driven into K'ville just to eat there!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Daniel!

Yeah, it's definitely a step up from PB & J.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pam, no we made it. I've never been to Stir Fry; we don't get to restaurants very often. Besides time constraints, we're so full of ourselves we're convinced we can do as good...if not better...a job!

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...that looks delicious! Do you have a recipe you're willing to share? I've been craving some good Pad Thai recently, but I don't have a recipe from a reliable source. :(

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Pam, believe it or not, for this we used Mark Bittman's recipe from 'How to Cook Everything', with a few changes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker