Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beef & Ginger Stir Fry

.



I know, I know. We've been on a real Asian/stir fry/Donna Hay kick. But, we love the flavors, the ease, and of course Donna!

This recipe was yet another quick one: grated ginger & garlic go into a sizzling hot skillet, followed by the beef (or Morningstar Farms Meals Starters, faux beef-style) & brown, a couple of minutes. Next, red pepper & soy sauce, cook a couple more minutes. Add rice noodles (here's where we differed: instead of adding a few teaspoons of stock earlier, we just let a bit of the noodle water get in the pan), toss & serve. No cilantro for us, because we don't think food should taste like dish soap.

Good flavors, wonderful texture. Fast, easy & filling. Perfect weeknight meal.






We're cranking up the flavor for this month's Blog Party; it's time to Spice it Up!

Hope to see you there.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Mmmm, this looks like something hubby would enjoy every single night for dinner :)

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm telling you...we've been on a serious stir fry kick this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker