Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Smoky-Hot Ginger Chicken Stir Fry

.



This recipe from Food & Wine caught my eye; doesn't that just sound good?

Marinate the chicken (or for us these days, Quorn), heat your wok & fry up a bunch of chilies. Remove, get the wok hot & shiny again, then cook your chicken (or whatever you're substituting) in batches till browned. Put it all back, with the chiiles, adding in a lot of ginger; cook about a minute. Next, brown sugar, cooking till it's caramelized. Some soy sauce & rice vinegar thicken the sauce to finish, and eat over rice noodles.

I had really high hopes for this; thinking that while there aren't a lot of flavors, the ones involved would really stand out.

Instead, it was an 'Ok' dish. The ginger was there, but not nearly as prominent as we'd expected.

And I'd definitely add a few more ingredients...vegetables, nuts...if I tried it again.








We're cranking up the flavor for this month's Blog Party; it's time to Spice it Up!

Hope to see you there.

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker