Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Potato-Cheddar Cheese Soup

.




This was a loaded baked potato. Just in soup form.

I'm serious!

This recipe was so simple, came together quickly, and proved hearty.



Fry some bacon (or the fake stuff Alex & I eat) in a pot; drain on paper towels.

With the rendered fat (or some olive oil for the veg half), cook chopped onion till translucent. Of course, this will require longer than the five minutes allotted by the recipe. But those of us in the know merely shake our heads.

Add in water, potatoes (cubed) and salt; boil, reduce to simmer, cover & cook till taters are tender.

Puree half the soup, return to pan, set burner to low & add in shredded cheddar. Stir till melted. Serve, topped with the reserved bacon & greenery of your choice.

The soup got a bit thicker than Matt likes, but it's pretty good. And it really did taste like a well-topped baked potato!



And now I send this over to Deb, and her Souper Sundays; legitamizing adding soup to each week's menu.

10 Thoughts for food:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

The potato fanatic in me would run to the table if this was served!!

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Yum! it looks very hearty and good! Thanks for coming to Souper Sunday this week-just got the round up posted.

See you at the BP round up!

Deb

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Donna-FFW said...

This looks fantastic. Bet it is delicious. I need to add a good potato soup to my keeper list. Ill have to try this one.

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh my word that looks like the most decadent thing you could possibly serve in a bowl!!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger thepassionatecook said...

this is the perfect comfort food... i wish i was invited! sounds like i will make this soup tomorrow, no intentions of leaving the house and all the ingredients are here... nothing's gonna stop me now!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BV; I know how you feel. I was raised by my Irish Grammy so there were a lot of potatoes growing up! Not that there's anygthing wrong with that...!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Deb!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you Donna! It's not my absolute favorite potato soup recipe of all time, of course, but it was pretty darn good.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hee, Jeanne! I mean, come on: it's potato soup!! Yum.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Johanna, if it weren't for that pesky ocean between us, you absolutely would have been invited.

Did you like it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker