Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, March 05, 2009

A Tale of Two Jambalayas

.



Every year for Mardi Gras, I make jambalaya. I've made other dishes from time to time, and usually a King Cake, too. But if nothing else, there's jambalaya.

And every year, I make the same recipe. I think I started using it seven or eight years ago. Of course, when I switched to the laptop, my bookmarked recipes were left behind.

As Mardi Gras neared, I searched for the recipe; I thought it was this one, but as I started cooking it just didn't seem right. The basic ingredients were the same, but the method a bit off.

By the time it was finished I was convinced it was all wrong. So naturally, Matt said he preferred it over the usual.




I wanted a real taste show-down, so I finally located my favorite and served it up.

Yeah, he likes the first, I prefer the second. But unless he wants to make it next year? We're sticking with this one.









This month, we're sleeping in a little late, but the party won't suffer...we're having Brunch!

RSVP by Friday, 20 March

4 Thoughts for food:

At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This loofs delish. Living in the South i have a deep appreciation for GOOD Jambalaya. I'm going to have to try to make some of my own!

Arika
My Yummy Life

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you did great! I lived in New Orleans almost my entire life and it's hard to eat anyone's jambalaya but my own, however I think yours would fit the bill.

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Arika, I never had it till I moved far away from the North...to California! I have to make my own, as I'm a vegetarian, but I love it no matter what. It's not hard...mostly chopping & waiting. Go for it!

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Edie...thanks, that's high praise indeed! As I mentioned, I can't exactly go into a Creole/Cajun restaurant and order some; I have to use veg sausages, etc. But the technique...love it. The texture of the rice, theh flavors...oh, yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker