Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, January 30, 2012

Halal Cart-Style Chicken & Rice with White Sauce

.



You'll have to excuse the low-quality photography here. We're in the process of turning Alex's bedroom into the BatCave which has resulted in my dining room being more or less inaccessible (and yes, that's where my lights & photo box reside).

That means lots of eating in the living room...on paper plates. We're all about glamour over here.

I recently signed up for the Serious Eats newsletters, after following them on Twitter for about a year. With a kid & our own Dog Pack, traveling to various cities to try out recommended restaurants & dishes is out of the question, but the recipes? That's another story.

One of the first things I made was this dish. A fairly simple marinade for chicken which is then grilled. Butter, cumin & turmeric flavor rice, with an extra boost from stock. Serve with a sauce of mayo, sugar, yogurt, lemon juice & parsley, & lettuce, tomatoes & pita. A little harissa to spice it up.

So good it was almost addictive.


Labels: , , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 7:48 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It does sound good!!!!!!!

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, my...it really was. Nothing difficult, came together easily. And plenty of leftovers!

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Gourmet Hampers said...

It does look good, love the tang with the moist chicken! Thanks for the suggestion.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hope you like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker