Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Embryonic Journey Continues...

.

I actually made this 11 March; I've been saving it till the end of the month...but I simply can't wait.

Almost immediately following the last EoMEoTE, I started thinking "what can I do next"?
It's so addictive

And here's what I came up with:


Fried Egg, Prosciutto and Smoked Mozzarella Pannini

Bread of your choice (I used rosemary ciabatta rolls)
Eggs
Prosciutto (and Morningstar Farms veggie bacon, for me)
Smoked Mozzarella
Fresh Basil Leaves
Sun-dried Tomatoes, re-hydrated in hot water for a few minutes
Olive Oil


Cut mozzarella into slices. Split rolls in half, lengthwise. Brush rolls with olive oil.
Fry eggs, flipping so yolk sets. (We used a rectangular tamago pan, to fit the rolls, but feel free to use your everyday frying pans.) Allow eggs to cool slightly.
Place prosciutto on bottom half of roll. Next, top with fried eggs.



Add mozzarella slices, on top of eggs. Top with fresh basil leaves and sun dried tomatoes.



Replace top of roll.

Brush heated grill pan or pannini maker with butter or olive oil. Place sandwich on pan, medium heat, under heavy weight until dark golden brown and toasted. Repeat on other side.


Finished product

4 Thoughts for food:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, you're making me so hungry, Stephanie! I love toasted panini. And who can resist egg, ham, and cheese together? This has gotta be the first EoMEoTE entry for this month. :)

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Julia!

Matt adored these sandwiches; he made another one the next day. And we picked up more ciabatta rolls last week, so he can use of the rest of the proscuitto!

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh yum!! I love toasted panini anyway and these just look particularly good... A truly worthy and *remarkably* early EoMEoTE entry - well done!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...yeah; I know I should/could have waited, but when I told Matt about my idea, he 'suggested' I make them that weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker