Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

I'm Back!

.

Yes, I am here. With things to blog about.

First up; a really fast and easy recipe from Rachel Ray, Thai Glazed Chicken Lettuce Wraps.

I'm not kidding. Once everything is chopped, which is often the case with Asian food, it was mere minutes from stove to the dinner table.

First, cook chicken in really hot oil. Add all the veggies, except for the basil and cucumber, and cook for a couple of minutes. Add plum sauce, coating everything, followed by fish sauce (since I'm veggie and Matt's not crazy about fish sauce, I substituted soy sauce). Spoon into lettuce leaves (this is one of those rare times I allow iceberg lettuce; it's strong and crunchy enough to hold fillings like this), and top with cucumber.



This dish came together amazingly fast, and had a really good taste. Matt was quite pleased, taking the remainder of his chicken mixture to work the next day for lunch.
I, having very little experience with Thai food (see the above fish sauce comment), thought it had a good flavor, with the vegetables coming out just right. Yes, I know that's what stir frying is supposed to do, but I'm very picky about the texture of my veggies!

Matt made it clear he'd like to have this again. Since it really was so darn easy, I don't see that being a problem.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Too funny - I actually printed this recipe out the other day to make. Glad to hear it's a winner. :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I had it kicking around for a couple weeks before I actually made (seemed like I was always out of one of the ingredients), but I'm happy I got around to it. I'm sure you'll like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker