Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Lost in Translation?

.

"Por celebrar la fiesta del Cinco de Mayo, me gusta presentarles a Ustedes
una semana de platos mejicanos."


Not here!

For my non-Spanish speaking readers (myself included...thanks to my FIL for the translation!), that's "In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, I present you with a week of Mexican meals"".

Or, something like that.

Yep. Starting Sunday, it's Mexican for dinner. Every night, through (and including) the fifth.

This is something I love to do...themed food!

Lots of peppers on our grocery list...

What to expect:

Tomato, Avocado and Roasted Corn Salad and Chicken-and-Avocado Soup with Fried Tortillas

Chile-Rubbed Lamb Chops with Pumpkin Seed Sauce and Pumpkin and Black Bean Soup

Chicken in Peanut Sauce

Huevos a la Hacienda

Cheese Fritatta with Pico de Gallo and Chicken Chilaquiles

There will also be a Watermelon-Lime Frozen Agua Fresca, as well as Mexican Chocolate and Dulce de Leche Crepe Torte.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Niki said...

That'll be interesting for me personally because Mexican food isn't huge over here. Not many Mexicans here in Aust! Sure we have cutesy Mexican hacienda style places that serve nothing much besides tacos and nachos drenched in canned beans and sour cream, but that really doesn't quite do it for me, you know! ;-)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Taco Bell, cuisine, eh? No, that's not exactly Mexican!

I never really had much more than tacos myself, until I moved to California. Wow...so much to learn! Matt and I would go to this fantastic, authentic, Mexican restaurant...amazing. Everything was so good!

If you end up seeing anything you like, let me know. I won't be posting the recipes, as they come from the Food & Wine site, and you have to be a subsriber to access them (I am), but if you want copies, just send me an e-mail!

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Dulce de leche crepe torte????!!! I'm SO there!:-) Interesting project Stephanie, can't wait to see the pictures!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks!

I'm saving the torte for Thursday...sort of a 'big finish'. Stay tuned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker