Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

In the Pink: Pink Chocolate-Covered Caramels

.



A big thanks to Niki for giving me a kickstart on this event...

Emily of la dolce vita is hosting In the Pink; raising Breast Cancer Awareness among food bloggers. Well, we're good-hearted people...why not?

Having found out about this completely last-minute, I came up with a quick and easy solution: caramels dipped in melted white candy melts, tinted pink!

Cute, and sooo sweet and vanilla-y.

14 Thoughts for food:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Wow - looking at the photo quickly, it looks like marshmallows suspended in a jelly. Very effective!!

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

hmm... pink.... red colouring with white chocolate ? Looks like what Niki said " marshmallows "

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Actually, blame the camera. No matter what I did, what angle I took the picture...it came out slightly shadowed and redder than actual!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi foodcrazee!

The caramels are truly dipped in pink-tinted white, meltable candy...and displayed on Waterford crystal!

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks!

It was totally last-minute. We had so much going on this weekend, I knew I wouldn't have time to make anything elaborate...

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Awesome job Stephaine!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Joe!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Blogger said...

Hi Stephanie,

What a simple-yet-smart idea. Your caramels look so pretty - like cute pink clouds! I also love the way you have them displayed...they do look like they're floating!

Thanks for contributing!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Emily! I'm just happy I could participate.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Robyn said...

These are so nice! They looks just like the pink candies Marshal Field's is selling for Breast Cancer month! Theirs are mints. I like the idea of caramels much better!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, chronicler!

I think I'd prefer caramels, too...

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

These are really gorgeous!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you so much...they were insanely simple to make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker