Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Blogging by Mail#2...Gifts from the Big Apple

.



There was a knock on the front door Friday. I looked out, expecting the mail carrier. What I saw was a guy in a Hawaiian shirt and khaki shorts.

I opened the door, and the man asked if I was the recipient of a box he was holding. I assured him I was, so he passed it to me and turned to go. I watched him walk through the yard to the road, and get into a U.S.P.S truck! Maybe it was casual Friday??

Still puzzled, I went back inside, and with Alex's urging ('open the box, Mommy'), got down to business.

My package was from Jessica, in New York. You can find her at Su Good Eats, as well as an all-natural, better-for-you-but-still-tastes-good bakery, Su Good Sweets.

In my box were some very NYC goodies (this may sound stupid, but I'm thrilled to get the apple-topped pencil; I can't find a pencil anywhere in the house!), as well as a nifty head rest from Court TV, where Jessica works (the girl's been busy!).

Jessica also included some corn meal cookies (which Alex and Matt particularly liked), as well as homemade Nutella! Oh, yum. I already have plans for it...thank you, Jessica!

I shipped my package out last Monday, so I hope to hear from Rebecca soon. In that package: Mini Honey-Nutmeg Loaves, my oft-requested Chocolate Chip Cookies, two containers of locally-produced honey, a bag of White Lilly flour (based in Knoxville), as well as some Endangered Species Chocolate, which simply represents me!

Once again, this was lots of fun. Thanks to Samantha for hosting this one!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Nic said...

Ooh - White Lily flour! Sounds like a good package. I've had Jessica's homemade nutella and it is gooood.

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Nic.

Knoxville (to our knowledge) doesn't have too many 'local' products, so I was happy to come up with the flour!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker