Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Blog Party #3---The Big Game Night

.


Wow...is it already the beginning of October? That was quick!

And with the first of the month comes the announcement for Blog Party#3---The Big Game Night edition!

For those new to Blog Party, it's a virtual cocktail party for food bloggers. At the beginning of the month, I announce a theme for our party. On the third Thursday of the month, food bloggers post links to their party entries, or email me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. That Saturday, I put the party together, including music selections and decorating suggestions.

Our first two parties have been a big hit, and I do hope you'll join us this month, as well!

Here's a refresher course on the Blog Party rules:

Each entry should include at least one cocktail. This could be either alcoholic or non; either way, we're looking for a party drink!

Your entry should also include at least one appetizer dish. What qualifies as an appetizer/finger food? So glad you asked.

The food:
  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten in less than four bites would be accepted.


As you can see from the past parties, desserts (in bite-sized forms, of course) are more than welcomed here at Blog Party!

So, this month, think about your favorite sport (if you happen to be a non-sport following person, think about someone you know who's into football/soccer/baseball/basketball/etc), and what you would serve the night of the big game...Super Bowl, World Cup, World Series (except, of course, the world isn't actually invited...perhaps they should rename it the North American Series...), and so on.
Think hearty foods, think filling foods. But still bite-sized! Don't worry; there will be lots to eat!

Get your entries to me by 20 October, and I'll post the round-up on 22 October.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. And hope to see you there!

8 Thoughts for food:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

I hate sports but LOVE superbowl parties :) YAY, nice theme!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Nupur, you are a good sport!

I happen to love baseball and football, and very much like hockey. But I was raised that way. And whether someone is a sports nut or no, we all know somone who is! So, good game food will come in handy (I think...!).

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to participating in this. Go Chargers!

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Great, Beth! You're always welcome...

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Alanna Kellogg said...

The game didn't go our way but the Squash Pizza did!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

There's always next year...AK!

Are you familiar with Dan & Nicole, of The Moxie?

Thanks for coming to the party!

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no sports fanatic but I think I'd enjoy this blog party. My buddies would love to participate in this one so I guess next time I'll tell them all about this.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Wong PoKér Hu...the party was a big success, and it's really not so much about the theme, but the foods!

Our next party is coming up in a couple weeks... holiday foods...we'd love to have you join in!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker