Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Tripping Through the Enchanted Forrest; Sweet Whole Wheat Nut Bread

.



Finally taking a crack at the fabulous Mollie Katzen's The Enchanted Broccoli Forrest , making a Sweet Whole Wheat Nut Bread for Matt's breakfast.

A hearty bread, perfect for toasting and eating with a cup of hot tea. Ground, toasted cashews, mixed in with whole wheat and all-purpose flour, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and nutmeg. Toss in some minced almonds and pecans, bake about forty minutes.

I was worried Matt wouldn't like it, because he's a 'no nuts in things' kind of guy. But when I had him try a piece, he said he wished he had a toaster at work...he liked it!

I'm planning to run through quite a few of her recipes, so this should be fun.


Don't forget; Blog Party#4: The Gang's All Here: The Holiday Edition is just a week away! There's no such thing as a too early submission! Entries can be left in link format here, in the comments, or you may email them to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.
Hope to see you there!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

Thanks for the review! I own this book too, and would love to try more recipes. Now if only I was not so lazy about baking...
My favorites from this book are the two enchilada sauces (red and green)..both are oh-so-yummy.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Nupur!

I have Katzen's Sunlight Cafe, as well as the original Moosewood (used to be my Mom's); and I love her work. I just don't think to grab them off the shelf as often as I should.

I haven't tried those sauces, but now you have me thinking...mmmm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker