Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Double-Meme'd

.

Both Cyndi and Kevin have tagged me; so here you go!

Meme x 4

Four Jobs You’ve Had in Your Life

1. Radio Personality
2. Sorting cardboard at a pallet factory
3. Cafe worker at a Christian resort
4. House painter (indoors)

Four Movies You Could Watch Over and Over

1. The Philadelphia Story
2. White Christmas
3. The Lord of the Rings trilogy (see? I'm counting it as one)
4. Dazed and Confused

Four Places You’ve Lived

1. St. Marys, Pennsylvania
2. Oakland, California
3. Knoxville, Tennessee
4. Cedarville, Ohio

Four Websites You Visit Daily

1. Pop Culture Junk Mail
2. TV Guide online
3. MSNBC.com
4. Daily Puppy Break

Four TV Shows You Love to Watch

1. Alias
2. Law & Order: CI
3. Battlestar Galactica
4. Cold Case

Four of Your Favorite Foods

1. Sushi
2. Bagels
3. Potato Soup
4. Raspberries

Four Albums You Can’t Live Without

1. Jackson Browne-Jackson Browne
2. Purge-Bif Naked
3. Rumors-Fleetwood Mac
4. Les Brown & His Band of Renown - Best of The Capitol Years

Four Places You’d Rather Be
1. Anywhere in Ireland
2. The Bay Area
3. Coast of Italy
4. Scotland

Four People Who Are Now Obligated to Do This to Their Blog
I always skip this part...feel free to play along


Ten Weird and Random Facts About Myself

1) I can pick up small objects with my toes.

2) I'm distantly related to a Nazi war criminal (Albert Speer).

3) During my teenage years, I lived next to a cemetery.

4) I'm descended from three-generations of Avon ladies

5) I met my husband through an on-line dating service...during a free, one-week, trial!

6) I own Gourmet magazines going back to 1941.

7) My grandfather gave me a book...in high German, so I can barely make out every fifth word...that he took off a captured German officer.

8) I've sat in the Pirates' broadcast booth.

9) My first boyfriend was the same age as my Mom.

10) Baseball player Jose Guillen hit on me. Twice.


Blog Party #6 has been announced, and this month? We're going Retro! Click here for all the information, and remember: Blog Party is less than one week away---get those entries in soon!




Tagged with
, ,

9 Thoughts for food:

At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have/had a very interesting life, Stephanie.


I also love old movies, in particular 'The Philadelphia Story'.
Dazed and Confused.. I didn't see that one yet.I'm going to get from the library.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, you aren't kidding!

Dazed and Confused is a fairly recent film, set during the 1970's...it's highly quotable!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

Mt sister also has prehensile toes.

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah...that often freaks people out.

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah...and I'm here all week!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Randi said...

i used to date a woman that lived in Oakland. She took me to a really good italian restaurant once. Yummy.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Randi...what was the name of the restaurant? Matt and I had our first 'date' at Olivetto's, a rather fabulous place. And about a ten-fifteen minute walk from our house!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Re #1: Me too!!! OMG, maybe you and I are secretly related - does that mean I'm also related to Albert Speer?? :o) Not only can I pick up small objects, I have been known to pinch my husband with said prehensile toes if I feel he's misbehaving. Don't even ask... Great lists!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, maybe we are!

I can pinch with my toes, too...and Matt's on the receiving end!

Jeanne, I don't need to ask...I have a very vivid imagination...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker