Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Retro Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie

.



I apologize for the crappy picture; I was trying to snap it during a commercial break for the 100th episode of Smallville (not really a fan of the show, although I am a fan of DC; I just wanted to find out who got killed off).


Another recipe from this book; a layered brownie treat.

Also, another mix the whole thing up in a saucepan recipe; butter and unsweetened chocolate melted, and taken off the heat. Stir in sugar, then eggs, flour, chocolate chips, salt and vanilla. Spoon half the batter into a foil-lined pan, and freeze till set.

Cream butter and peanut butter till smooth; add powdered sugar and your choice of white chocolate chips or nuts. I went with honey-roasted peanuts.

Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter mixture on to the chocolate batter and smooth to edges. Top with remaining brownie batter. Smooth, and bake till puffed and set.

What you get is a moist, pudding-y like brownie. Not too sweet, peanut butter-y, filling.

I liked Matt's comment: "Decadent, white trash, soul food."



Tagged with
, , , ,

5 Thoughts for food:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Admin said...

It is lovely... Have linked the post for my weekend carnival.. willpost by tommorow

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Looks nice and fudgy - send over the recipe?

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, thanks Anthony! I'll be sure to check it out.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweetnicks, absolutely! Once I finish baking for my BBM package, I'll get that to you.

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger FoodNinja said...

CC me too on the recipie,, I would love to try it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker