Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

EoMEoTE#14: Poetic Injustice; or 5th Grade Re-Play

.



Blame it on Mrs. Schroeder's fifth grade class planner...

The Ova and the Pussy-Toast went to sea
In a beautiful Pea-Crisp boat.
They took some Kroger-brand honey,
And plenty of money
Wrapped up in a 5-Euro note.


There you go, dear Cook Sister: perhaps never better than late???






Blog Party#7 is coming up, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due this Thursday, 16 February...send them to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comment section. Get planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,

8 Thoughts for food:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ramya...welcome to the wonderful world of food blogging!

We'd love for you to join the party...I'll be looking for your entry!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Joe said...

ha! that is great Stephanie!

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe!

I meant to do this a week ago, but only found time today.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

LOL Stephanie - that's positively inspired!! I love the pussy-toast! I used to adore that poem as a kid - we had a record of it set to music that I played half to death...

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jeanne!

For the record, it's cinnamon-sugar Pussy Toast!

I had to learn that poem blankety-blank years ago, and I STILL know it...

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

What are pea crisps??

Love that poem too - and I too heard a lovely version of it years ago at a recital for mezzo-soprano with violin obligato. I have no idea who composed it and cannot seem to locate it.

And thinking of that reminds me of the wonderful piece by William Walton that is poems of Edith Sitwell set to music: Façade.

-Elizabeth

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ejm; the 'boat' is constructed of these snacks I find at Earth Fare, Snapea Crisps. They're snap pea-shaped snakc food, made from snap peas! They're crispy and just barely sweet, and fabulous for munching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker