Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

ARF#6/5 A Day Round-Up

.

Welcome to another Antioxidant Rich Foods Round-up, the brain-child of Sweetnicks, who's living the life of Riley in warmer climes! I'm a helper by nature, so let's get the show started.




Ilva starts things off with a gorgeous Red Bell Pepper Soup with Withe Beans and Basil...yum! I love red pepper soup.








Tanya brings us a very healthy Pasta and Leek dish...very clever! It's not something I would have thought of, that's for sure!








Nupur made a dish I know Matt and I would love...Paneer Pilaf. I do love that cheese!








Paula submits the 'ugliest' dish; Pasta E Fagioli With Sausage, using Red Kidney Beans and sausage...sounds great.









Shammi joins us next, with a stir-fried Broccoli in Peanut Sauce...practically everything tastes better with peanuts!







Bilbo Baggins (love the name, btw) made Okonomiyaki, a Japanese pizza (I really need to try this), as well as veggies for dinner, and a fruit-laden dessert...talk about getting into the spirit of things!









Kalyn offers a dish I could confidently feed to my veggie-phobic husband; Stir Fry with Pork and Veggies; thanks for the recipe!








Alanna and I went down memory lane, thanks to her Sugar Snap Peas with Lemon Butter...so long as they're not mushy or from a can, you really can't go wrong with peas, can you?








Sailu's next, with Bisi Bele Bath (what a cool name!); Rice and Lentils cooked with Vegetables and Spices...sounds fantastic!







Garam Masala (another clever name!) made some very tasty Marinated Tofu Stir Fry Noodles, and it looks fabulous!








Susan created an amazing Sesame Orange Coleslaw...I don't even like coleslaw, and I'd gladly eat this!








Randi made my kind of soup...lots of beans and veggies, and a lovely broth. Can we come over?








Gineesha came up with one of the most interesting entries, Baked Fennel! And as a sandwich filler? Brilliant!!!








Mika's up next, with a sweet and vibrant Beet Halwa ...I really do need to get a pressure cooker, don't I?







Patti made a hearty California Cobb Salad, and boy...was I wishing I'd been to her house for dinner!







Felicia enjoyed some Herb-Roasted Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus...roasted potatoes? Heavenly!








Indira made some gorgeous, and very new to me, Silk Squash Curry Burgers...fantastic!








BNA just added to my must-try list, with Blackberry Muffins...I really can't wait for summer now!







Alysha had a seriously ARF-filled day, with Strawberries for breakfast, A Very Veggie Soup, and Easy Layered Beans and Rice. That's commitment!





Zabeena squeaks in with Roasted Red Pepper and Blueberry Soup; what a neat idea! I'd never even think of adding fruits to a pepper soup.






Stacey is another late-comer, but makes up for it with Strawberry-Banana Corn Mountain Pancakes...too bad I'm not a morning person!




Kai's the last through the door tonight, with a delicious-sounding Black Bean Soup...good use of those beans!




And of course I had to join in the fun, making the out-of-season, but man-was-I-in-the-mood, Summer Berries with White Chocolate Sauce. I caught an episode of Barefoot Contessa, and decided I just had to make it!
Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries, all frozen, then drizzled with a warm White Chocolate Sauce...poor little still-sick Alex really liked them!




And because I'm a must-know-er, and I'm married to an academic, I did a little searching and found a list of even more Antioxidant Rich Foods here; I mean, kiwi, papaya, and hazelnuts? Count me in!

Well, I hope I did Sweetnicks proud...and thanks to everyone for joining in!







Blog Party#7 has been announced, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due in just over a week, 16 February; so start planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , ,

14 Thoughts for food:

At 2:21 AM, Blogger bilbo said...

hey Stephanie,
thanks once again for hosting. The round up looks good. Am glad i was having kiwi for lunch all these days. :P

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger sailu said...

You sure made all of us proud with this great round up,Stephanie.Thanks so much..:)

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Nupur said...

Thanks for a great round-up, Stephanie! As usual, I found a bunch of wonderful easy dinner ideas.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Great job Stephanie. Thanks for doing it so we can see all these great recipes.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Susan Voisin said...

Thanks for hosting, and what a great-looking spread! I can't wait to try some of these.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Bilbo! And you're welcome...there really are a lot of tasty things here, aren't there?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Sailu!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're welcome, Nupur!

I, too, found lots of things I want to try...that's what I love about foodie events!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Kalyn, and you're welcome!

I suppose it goes back to my cookbook preferences: I want pictures!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Susan, and you're welcome!

I have definitely book-marked a few of these dishes for us to try, too.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Thanks everyone for participating, and especially to Stephanie for guest hosting. This week is a record for us, with 23 participants -- let's see if we can beat that next Tuesday! Remember, it's not limited to only ARF foods, veggies and/or fruit count too. See y'all back at Sweetnicks on Tuesday!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sweetnicks...glad I could fill in for you!

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Ugh! I missed ARF this week. These recipes look wonderful. I'm already feeling inspired for next week. :)

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

D'oh!

Well, you have plenty of time to get ready for next Tuesday, and Sweetnicks will be back home by then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker