Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I thought I had an appetite for destruction, but all I wanted was a club sandwich...

.



Oooh, yum! Toasted bread lightly spread with mayo, topped with crisp lettuce and tomato slices, more toasted bread, more lettuce, then sliced (cooked, duh) chicken and bacon, top with final piece of toast. Quarter, impale with cute toothpicks topped with frilly plastic.




Mine was made with Veat and Morningstar Farms bacon, while Matt's used the real thing. A couple of pickles on the side, and all we needed was a middle-aged waitress calling me 'hon' to complete the experience.



Deviled eggs, too...half made with mashed avocado. Mmm...





Blog Party#7 has been announced, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due in less than two weeks, 16 February; so start planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 4:00 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

yummy. Simple and delicious!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, foodcrazee!

That was what we were aiming for, and it was wonderful!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Alysha said...

That looks yummy. I have some bacon and some white bread - we usually only have both of these around for BLTs in the summer (that's how we eat the first of the ripe tomatoes each summer). I think I have to make some this week! :)

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi, Alysha!

I mentioned to Matt that this sandwich was not unlike a BLT, which I'm rather fond of myself.

Do try them; such a good sandwich!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker