Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Just Desserts: Ginger-Pecan Roulade with Honey-Glazed Pecans

.



This is my very first submission to Just Desserts.

Brand new event, hosted by The Web Sorceress (think we're related?), and right up my alley. I have an almost OCD-like need to bake, you know.

Have you made something sweet? Fantastic. Send her a link, and she'll round up all our cakes, pies, cookies, tarts and more each week...if you're looking for a sugar-fix, this is the place to go!

My in-laws were celebrating their 43rd wedding anniversary (round of applause, please?), so of course I wanted to make something to commemorate the event.

Based on things I had loitering in my cupboards and freezers, I went with Ginger-Pecan Roulade with Honey-Glazed Pecans, from the November 2000 issue of Gourmet.

A spicy and spongy cake, made from toasted and ground pecans, ground ginger and cloves, cinnamon and bit of cake flour, poured into a buttered and floured baking sheet; cooked till firm and set. Allow to cool completely. Invert, then spread with lightly-sweetened whipped cream studded with pieces of chopped and crystalized ginger. Roll up, top with the remaining ginger-cream and honey-glazed pecans.

Of course, I can't tell you how it tastes: I made it, and Matt took it to his parents. But it certainly smelled good.

Be sure to visit The Web Sorceress, and send her all your yummy dessert links...hey, you may find inspiration just in time for Valentine's Day!





Blog Party#7 is coming up, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due in less than a week, 16 February...send them to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comment section. Get planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

This ginger-pecan looks so delicious! I will have to try it one of these days! Yumm....

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi CameraDawktor; thanks for stopping by!

Do try it, and let me know what you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker