Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Sugar High Friday 16: Recipe for Love

.



I almost missed this one! It was just Thursday night that I realized Sugar High Friday was upon us, and I had absolutely nothing planned. Crap.

With very little time, and not much in the way of inspiration or planning, I tried to think about what exactly an 'aphrodisiac' is. Most of the foods that came to mind were savory, so that wouldn't work. There's the usual strawberries, and there's nothing wrong with them, but I just didn't' know what to do to make them interesting.

So I thought about what 'works' for Matt. Things he likes.

And what I know is this: he loves ginger, and he loves chocolate.

Now that's easy. How about Chocolate-Covered Crystalized Ginger?

So, that's what I did. Lovely slices of crystalized ginger, dipped in melted semi-sweet chocolate. Yum.

How well did it work??? Like I'm gonna tell...!





Blog Party#7 is coming up, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due in less than a week, 16 February...send them to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comment section. Get planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,

9 Thoughts for food:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

OMG! We made the same exact thing! I think it must be a Sugar High Friday first.

I'm so glad I get to share the honors with you!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

from your post, i think it works well...good for ya - chuckle

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jennifer...I noticed that!

I was seriously scrambling for something to make...I missed out on the last couple...and it was the only thing I could think of!

Plus, I never eat the sweet stuff, so it had to be something my husband would eat.

Great minds, and all, eh??

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger yana said...

OMG! *drools*

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

mangue_chiquita: it's so easy to do...you could make some for yourself, right now!

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger yana said...

lol. how funny r you? hehe. sweet. easy? fabUUUlous. i have an insatiable sweet tooth. i love this place.
; D. cheers, stephanie. how can anyone not drool?

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Perhaps I should start handing out tissues to visitors, then?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Ruth Daniels said...

That is my all time favorite chocolate treat - bar none!!!

Thanks for sharing

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Ruth!

My husband is a bit of a ginger-freak (I say this in the nicest possible way...), and he just loves it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker