Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Daddy's Cake

.



Matt got to pick what he wanted for dinner and dessert on Father's day; so I made him a simple chocolate cake.

Right!




Don't tell my in-law's, but while the chocolate cake keeps to the 'simple' with just a little butter, a cup of flour, some cocoa, sugar and vanilla? It also needs 8 eggs. I kid you not; I triple-checked the recipe, that's how thrown I was.

Two very dense cake layers, split in two, and frosted with a wonderfully fudgy frosting: butter and cream, and 12 ounces of Calebaut, melted, stirred and chilled, then beaten to a spreadable consistency.



But that wasn't good enough; I had to 'jazz' it up a little. So, I topped it with some edible decoration, with a chocolate base.

He seemed to like it...and hey, wasn't that the point?



Tagged with: + + + +
Tagged with: +

12 Thoughts for food:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Woah, I was like....simple chocolate cake?........that looks fancy!

Looks delicious too. Yum, I want some!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Sara said...

How beautiful!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cameradawktor! No, I couldn't just let it be...I had to dress it up a bit, you know?!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Sara!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love chocolate, very decadent cake, yumm

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Where could we find the recipe you used, did you get it online or from a cookbook?

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

JenJen, it really was!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cameradawktor; the recipe came from Donna Hay's Flavors.

Which is a book worth having, anyway...it's jam-packed with fabulous recipes.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

Holy CHOCOLATE! I am not a love of the C word (I know, I know...I am weird) however it looks drippingly decadent!

8 EGGS!!! Wow.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, I'm not chocolate-crazy, either; Jen...but it sure is pretty! Matt said it was a very dense cake.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Hooly Dooly! And fathers' day in June - how weird!!!! :-)

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Niki...when is your Father's Day?

I remember being thrown off a bit when we went to Ireland; our second or third day, we stopped in a small PO to get postcards and stamps. I kept seeing Mother's Day cards, and started to panic...was it here already? Had I forgotten?

It was then I realized Ireland's Mother's day was a good two months before the US!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker