Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 07, 2006

And no, I'm not sick of limes yet

.



Just how many things can you do with Key limes?

Well, let's see. There's the marmalade, the tart (second attempt without incident), how about candied Key limes?

Thinly sliced and simmered in sugar and water for about an hour, then allowed to sit 24 hours, and finally rolled in sugar. Pretty neat stuff.

Still more lime-y goodness to come...




Blog Party#13 is coming, and this month, we're turning off the heat and preparing cool appetizers and drinks!

Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 17 August...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 19th, and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Robbyn said...

I love your blog! I am a foodee. I love to cook and I found your site so interesting! I laughed about the key-lime tart. That is exactly what I would do in that situation. Loved it!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Robbyn!

I hope you didn't think I was ignoring you; this post went up prematurely; I had no idea it was there until I followed your comment!

I saved it back to a draft until I was ready, and now it's back.

Thanks so much!

Yeah...that was a day I should not have been in the kitchen. Happy it's over!

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neat idea, I'd never have come up with that.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Tanna!

I've always seen manufactured citrus slices, but never got beyond candied peels myself.

This just seemed like the logical next step!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker