Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cream of Sam's Soup

.



Back in November, Sam of Becks & Posh mentioned a roasted red pepper soup she'd made, and I thought it sounded wonderful.

I wrote and asked if I could have the recipe, and she was happy to oblige.

Two Months Later I finally got around to making it (blame the holidays), and I'm happy to say it was as good as she'd described.

Roasted red peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, onions, and paprika (nice add); very simple, but full of flavor.

I took it a step further, and pureed the whole thing before stirring in some sour cream.

Served with some just-baked baguettes (a first for me, and oh, my...were they lovely!), Cream of Sam's Soup was simply wonderful.

Thanks again, Sam!




This month, we're keeping things Black & White.

Our canapes, our drinks; everything in Black & White.

The party is Saturday, 20 January; please 'RSVP' by Thursday, 18 January, with your entries. (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com)

For more information about Blog Party, please visit the 'help' page here.

Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Sam said...

i am so honoured to have a recipe named after me. And delighted that you enjoyed it!

sam

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, you deserve it for being so generous, and sharing your recipe.

And yes, I really do like it!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love roasted red peppers. What a fantastic looking soup!

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen; it really was a good soup.

I pureed it mainly because I'm a texture-freak. I love the taste of so many vegetables, but I can't stand the way they feel in my mouth. But if you throw them in a blender or food processor, it's perfect. For me, anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker