Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Rockingham Teapot

.

  

I bought this teapot because I was told it was the best in the world.

I probably should have checked with my British friends before I got it, true...but now, any thoughts?








Blog Party#19 is under way, and this month, we're taking Comfort in our favorite feel-good foods. Turn your favorite comforting treats to appetizers by Thursday, 15 February (thehappysorceress at gmail dot com), and hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger Mabena said...

Lovely colour but rather ordinary shape?
For some interesting teapots take a look at my blog...teapotsteapotsteapots
All good wishes
Andy

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Andy, and thanks!

You have some very nice teapots on your blog, that's for sure.

I was actually hoping someone who has used the pot would leave a comment...I'd like a users opinion!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Elle said...

Stephanie, I have a small brow version of your pot and enjoy it for a single cup, but my favorite tea pot is one from Annapolis, MD that was a gift from my sister. It has nice thick walls to hold the heat. My experience with tea is that pre-heating the pot and using water that has come to a full boil is the key to great tea no matter what pot you use. I have a bunch of tea pots and use many of them each month. Are you having poor results with this pot?

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Elle, thanks!

No, actually, this pot is quite nice. Takes a bit of getting used to (learning just how far you can tip it before the leaves come out); I was simply curious to know what others thought of it.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger breadchick said...

Stephanie, I own your exact pot and love mine. I bought mine whilst living in London and it is my favourite pot.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Breadchick...thank you!

That's what I was hoping to hear.

So far, we're quite happy with it.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger bonnie said...

It is traditional to have a brown teapot like yours! I just found one, brand-new, in a thrift store! This is just the same one my mother bought in England.

Enjoy it! It's just right!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Bonnie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker