Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Cake for Mommy

.



I hope your Mother's day (where applicable!) was as good as mine.

I was treated to breakfast in bed, wonderful gifts (CSI fingerprinting kit!), and dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant.

This was followed by a slice of Dairy Queen ice cream 'cake'. I write it 'cake', because it's cake-shaped, rather than cake-based.

It's been years since I'd had one, so yum.

It was a good day, and we have plenty of ice cream left over, which is great, what with the consistent 80+ degrees...





Blog Party#22 is here, and this month, we're taking on the Wild, Wild West!
There's just a few days left to turn your favorite Western dishes into appetizers, and cocktails/mocktails, and join the party.
Entries are due this Thursday, 17 May; you can leave a comment here, or email your links to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. Hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

What a lovely cake, Steph!

And I don't why (maybe because I'm pretty "new" to your blog) but I never thought you'd be a mommy already - congratulations!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Patricia!

Years ago, my own mom made the DQ cakes back home (now she's a pastry chef at the Biltmore...come a loooong way), but we rarely had them ourselves. I still love 'em.

And yes! I'm a mom. Although I sometimes get that same feeling of 'no way'! about it. Alex is four.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker