Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Blog Party#22: The Wild, Wild West

.





It's the first day of May, and that means time to unveil the newest Blog Party theme.

This month, we're headed out West. The Wild, Wild West, to be precise.

Doesn't matter if you're born & raised here in the United States, or from a country thousands of miles away. This is your chance to turn the foods of the West into appetizers!

What does that mean? Well, really, it's whatever 'Wild, Wild West' means to you. Do you envision ranch hands cooking around a fire pit? Or do you, in fact, find yourself remembering the very clever, retro-punk The Wild, Wild West, a re-run favorite from my childhood?

Does it get you thinking of the fabulous culinary strides the Western states have made over the last few decades, or do you see yourself going old school?

For this event, I leave interpretation up to you. Create something amazing...in bite-size, with an accompanying cocktail/beverage...just make sure it has a Western spin.

If this is your first time at Blog Party, or it's been awhile, here's a refresher:





What, in my opinion, qualifies as cocktail food:


  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectlyacceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as
    individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten
    in less than four bites would be accepted.


Still have questions? Here's a fairly helpful guide.


All you have to do is make ****AT LEAST ONE appetizer AND cocktail**** (that's a minimum of one EACH); take some photos, and write about it.

Your entries are due Thursday, 17 May; party will be Saturday, 19 May. You can leave a link to your appetizers anywhere on this blog; don't worry, I'll get it.
Or, you can send it to me directly via email: thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.




Hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger KJP said...

by coincidence I did post something western today, a soup I enjoyed in an El Paso dive many decades ago - for breakfast!

I realize it is not an appetizer, but will scrounge to see what is in my recipe file.

Sorry no camera ability in so short a time.

I have been enjoying your site for the past month!

:^)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi KJP!

I'm happy you're liking it here. It's no big, just stuff I make.

I'd love for you to join us this month! Have fun with the theme, and hopefully, we'll see you in a few weeks...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker