Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Blog Party#23: Sci-Fi Party

.



The first day of June has come and gone, and I know you've been waiting to hear about this month's Blog Party. Sorry! It's just that I've been away...alien abduction? Out-of-body experience? Sucked into a parallel dimension?

That's for me to know, and you to keep on guessing.

But hopefully, you've got a clue to our latest cocktail party theme: Sci-Fi.

Oh, yes it is. This month, we're going the route of the weird and wonderful.

This is a chance to experiment, to use your imagination. Or, to break out your DVD set of the original Star Trek series, and 'replicate' (ha!) some of the foods from the show.

Explore your favorite science fiction and fantasy novels, rent movies...or just get creative.

Because for June, we're turning our amazing appetizer-making powers on Stun(ning), and creating the most Sci-Filicious small bites.

This is your opportunity to get wild and crazy...use color! Odd shapes! Get spacey!

Ok, enough with the puns. Down to details.

Since we've gotten off to a late start, your entries will be due Thursday, 28 June. The party round-up will be held that Saturday, the 30th.

The rules are the same: each entry should include both an appetizer and a cocktail/mocktail/beverage, at least one of each. One is fine, more is fantastic.

Still want more? Here you go:




What, in my opinion, qualifies as cocktail food:


  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as
    individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten
    in less than four bites would be accepted.


Still have questions? Here's a fairly helpful guide.


Your mission? Explore your cookbooks, find new recipes, and report back to Mission Control (that's me!) either by leaving a link in the comments (any post will do), or by sending an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

Good luck!






Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Abby said...

My husband loves Star Trek ... as much as possible without being a Trekkie. I wonder if he could make a few suggestions about food if I mentioned this party!

By the way ... I can't remember if I told you ... but I did a BBM last year, and it took almost four or five MONTHS for my package to get to Australia! I had finally stopped checking my partner's blog and was so unhappy. But I was elated when I saw she finally got it - after Christmas. (It was a September mailing!) Unbelievable.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Abby...well, seriously; who doesn't love Star Trek!!??

I'm sure he'd be a help...although he'd probably do a better job describing the 'alien' women!

Oh, shipping to Australia? Incredible, I know. It takes Months. I've been there, myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker