Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, July 23, 2007

Cobb-ish Salad

.



Last week, I decided to read over a few of my Amazon.com blog posts...something I don'd do nearly enough.

I'm glad I did, because among the toy talk and techno-babble were posts from Jasper Fforde (won't be long now!) and a mention of a NYT piece from Mark Bittman, with 101 simple summer meals.

And while I will gladly slave over a hot stove for three days to make the ultimate meal for company, when it's just us? I like dishes that come together quickly, with very little effort.

I scrolled through the list, then sent the link to Matt at work. He printed out the pages, highlighting the ones he'd like to try. Not quite half (we skipped most of the seafood...).

Last night, we started things with what Bittman calls a 'Cobb-ish salad'. Greens (here, Romaine, as all our arugula had cooked in the car on the way home), tossed with tomatoes, avocado, red onion and Gorgonzola dolce, and drizzled with olive oil and red wine vinegar. It's then topped with bits of bacon, and chicken which had been cooked in the bacon fat (I made a veg version for me, cooking Morningstar Farms meat-free bacon in some olive oil and butter till crispy, then Veat bites in the same oil.).

Really simple. Very tasty, and filling.

Can't wait to try the next dish on the list!





Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Peabody said...

Cobb salad is one of my all time favoites.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Peabody!

I don't know that I've really eaten a Cobb salad before this...they didn't get too fancy where I grew up, and I've been veg for so long, by the time I moved to a location with GOOD food, it was too late.

But this...with meat alternatives...was wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker