Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Family Tea Party

.



Cucumber cream cheese rounds, mild cheddar on wheat

Despite saying I was taking the entire week off from cooking, I decided to have a tea party last Saturday. It was the three of us, plus one set of Alex's grandparents.

I don't have enough tiered trays to present the foods the way a real tea room would, but I did my best.

We served the Black Russian tea we'd picked up from our last visit to Tea at the Galleria, though Alex opted for a cup of blueberry.



Lots of sandwiches, here deviled egg salad (run through a ricer) and spinach & artichoke with Parmesan.



As it was only a week after Matt's party, I re-used when possible. Espresso cups filled with a thinned-out roasted vegetable soup.



Scones! You have to serve scones with tea, right? Isn't there some sort of law? For ours, we bought a lime curd (time issues), but made our own clotted cream. No pictures, sorry. We were too busy eating...



A slightly quicker version of the cheese tarts from the previous week's party; I used some of the left-over shredded cheese, but cheated and used store-bought pie crust. They weren't as good, but it did save time.



And a lovely pound cake for dessert. The real, old-fashioned kind, too...incredibly dense and wonderful.

We had a nice hour or so, eating and talking, drinking lots of tea. I don't know that I could pull this off on a regular basis, but every now and then it's good to sit down to a 'real' tea, and relax.

Something I can always use more of!





This month, Blog Party's skipping to the good stuff: Dessert! Your favorite virtual cocktail party is all about the last course this time around. Cakes, cookies, pudding...as long as it's miniaturized, it counts!
And don't forget the drinks---it wouldn't be a cocktail party without them. Alcoholic or no, it's up to you. But we need something to wash down all that sugar, right?

Any time between now and Thursday, 20 December, send your bite-sized dessert and sweet drinks entries to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link here in the comments.

Don't miss the party...get on the guest list by sending your entries in early. And I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger April said...

I absolutely love tea parties!!

 
At 11:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Me, too...have you been to the Galleria?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker