Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Blog Party#29: Another Bite of Dessert

.



Welcome to December!

A new month, a new Blog Party theme.

More often than not, sequels are a bad idea. They rarely hold up to the original. But this is one instance where a sequel is a good idea.

For our twenty-ninth party, we're going back almost two years and revisiting a much-loved theme: Dessert.

For our 9th party, we had Just a Bite of a Dessert. This month, we're having Another.

This is your chance to make wonderful, bite-sized desserts and cocktails/mocktails...just in time for the holidays!

Tiny tarts, itty-bitty ice cream scoops, miniature muffins, whatever you want.

All you need to do is make it small & make it dessert. For the (mandatory) beverage part of the event, a dessert drink would be just fine.

Wondering what this Blog Party stuff is all about? This should give you some idea, with our very basic rules and round-ups of past parties.

Want to be on the guest list? Then create some fabulous little desserts and decadent drinks between now and Thursday, 20 December. You can leave your URL in any of the comments on the page, or send your links to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

I'll set the table and play some tunes, while introducing all the guests, that Saturday, 22 December. It'll be our kick-off to the holiday season!

I've picked out my party dress, the lights are up...the only thing missing is YOU!

I hope I'll see you there...



Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

9 Thoughts for food:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger A Scientist in the Kitchen said...

Count me in!

Gay
http://ascientistinthekitchen.net

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Chibog in Chief said...

oh i love partying..count me in too :-)


Dhanggit
http://dhanggitskitchen.blogspot.com

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Andreea said...

i think this month i might just have the right blog party dessert :)

Andreea
www.onfoodandwine.com

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Siri said...

Can I send some tweeny cookies?

~ Siri
www.siri-corner.blogspot.com

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Dhanggit; looking forward to your entry!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Andreea, I really hope you can make it!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Siri...tweeny cookies? Sounds good!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Katy said...

what is that amazing creation in the blog party logo? chocolate caramel cups??? is there a recipe?

Katy
http://www.sugarlaws.com

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Katy!

Yes, that's exactly what it was.

I had some caramel left-over from these tarts, and I like to do my own banner art, so I made these just for a photo op!

No real recipe, just tempered chocolate filled with caramel. I also did some with a peanut butter filling, but the caramel was such a diva, there was no room for the PB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker