Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Avocado, Chipotle & Smoked Turkey Salad Sandwiches

.



Some friends were having a small potluck-style get-together over the weekend, and we were stumped; what to bring?

Finally, I came up with these yummy sandwiches. Diced avocado, celery, scallion, smoked turkey breast, mayonnaise and freshly-ground chipotles, on ciabatta rolls.



The heat of the chipotles came through rather subtly, I'm told, but made for an excellent sandwich!




This month, Blog Party is creating Fusion...food fusion, that is!

Mix & match cuisines, get creative with your spices, and join the party! Entries are due 15 November; leave a link in the comments or send your URL to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. Hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger daphne said...

what a lovely idea! yum!

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually have a very similar recipe (minus the turkey), using chipotle, green onion and avocado mixed into egg salad. It's great on brioche and makes an awesome hors d'oeuvre.

On another note...love your blog. I've been putting one together myself and now know it takes a lot of work! Yours is great, keep it up.

Hunter

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Daphne!

Matt always liked the smoked turkey and avocado sub at ToGo's, and chipotles are one of my favorite ingredients these days. Just seemed perfect.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Hunter!

That would make an excellent egg salad, and that way I (as the vegetarian) could eat it. Yum.

Thanks!!

Blogging can become an addiction, but it's lots of fun. This one's over three years old (and my other, more than five), so I doubt I'm going any where soon!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

These sound glorious. To me, chipotle was the thin edge f the chili wedge. It's smoky deliciousness rather than insane burning heat really won me over.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jeanne!

Like you, I'm not all about the sear the inside of your mouth heat. But chipotles? oh, that's good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker