Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Pitter Patter

.




Not here! Oh, heavens, no. It's not me.


Alex's kindergarten teacher is leaving for maternity leave after today, so I thought I'd send her off with something sweet.

An idea borrowed from my mom, little baby feet cookies! She sent out cookies like this (only better decorated; it's her cookie recipe) with my baby shower invitation. How cute is that?

And yes, she's having a girl.

I would/should have frosted the whole cookie, but didn't. My original idea was to frost them in a 'flesh' colored glaze, then pipe in tiny toenails. But Matt was seriously creeped out at the idea of a pregnant woman eating little baby foot-shaped cookies...





We're kicking off our fourth year of Blog Party by taking a look back at some of our favorite first-year themes. This month, we're revisiting a BP favorite, Retro Party!

We're doing a bit of time-travel, and bringing back some of the weird and wonderful dishes & drinks from the 20's through the late sixties. You won't want to miss it! R.S.V.P. no later than Thursday, 21 August. Hope to see you there!







Tagged with: + + + + + +

10 Thoughts for food:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger eatingclubvancouver_js said...

Those are just the cutest things!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Laura Rebecca said...

So cute & such a good idea!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger NKP said...

Too cute! I love the little feetie-weeties. She must have been thrilled!

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fantastic gift! You are a very generous person, and those near you must very happy! :)

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

brilliant idea!!! so cute!

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

js; they are cute, aren't they?!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Laura...I thought it was the neatest thing, ever. Mom sent them out in little plastic boxes, I mean...what a cool invite!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Natashya; I think she liked them. And hey...she was about 8 1/2 months pregnant; a little sugar boost had to make her day!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks so much, Eva.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Grace, I really like it because it's so different!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker