Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Caprese

.



Catalogs arrive bearing goodies for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. School's started already (here, anyway). I'm seeing recipes for hot soups & comforting casseroles.

The heck with that. Last I checked, it was still summer.
We're experiencing the nicest weather we've had this year. Mid-eighties, low to no humidity. Sunny, cooling breezes. And people keep giving us tomatoes...

The only thing to do: Caprese for dinner. Gorgeous farm- and garden-fresh tomatoes, lovely mozzarella, and pungent basil. Just perfect.






We're kicking off our fourth year of Blog Party by taking a look back at some of our favorite first-year themes. This month, we're revisiting a BP favorite, Retro Party!

We're doing a bit of time-travel, and bringing back some of the weird and wonderful dishes & drinks from the 20's through the late sixties. You won't want to miss it! R.S.V.P. no later than Thursday, 21 August. Hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker