Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Someone's in the Kitchen with Alex: Gruyere Waffles

.



Under the tree, Alex found two new cookbooks. C is for Cooking and A Star Wars Cookbook.

You know, because he's our kid.

First thing he wanted to try, the Cheese Waffles from Sesame Street.



A fairly standard waffle recipe, but with the addition of cheese. Several option
are given, such as cheddar, but not my boy. No, Mr. Spend-My-College-Fund-On-Pricey-Ingredients couldn't be bothered with a basic cheddar; he wanted Gruyere.

As always, he had great fun scooping & dumping & mixing, which is kind of the point, yes?


A savory waffle, syrup was out of the question. Matt had his topped with peppery bacon & scrambled eggs. During the week, Alex had cheese & veggie-ham sandwiches, with left-over waffles in place of bread, for lunch.









We're cranking up the flavor for this month's Blog Party; it's time to Spice it Up!

Hope to see you there.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger NKP said...

I haven't tried savoury waffles yet - but we do love Gruyere.
Kid's got good taste!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Natashya; they're really good. And yes...little man is growing up with an amazing palate!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

"Mr. Spend-My-College-Fund-On-Pricey-Ingredients " - you crack me up!

These do sound awfully good though...

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...hey, little man knows his foodstuffs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker