Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Because I'm Not Up to Talking About Food

.

Erin has tagged me, and I must obey.

Some Randomness About Me.

Make a list of things you can see without getting up: Batcave, shop vac, Alex's shoes, treadmill, elephant stool

What were you like when you were five? Very happy.

What are you wearing now? Blue tank top, blue pants, black slippers, red fleece blanket

What story/book/novel have you read over and over again in your life? Hmmm...just one? Helter Skelter, The Ivy Tree, Nine Coaches Waiting, the first ten Trixie Belden novels.

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? Just finished Buffy Season 8, Volume 1; next The Irregulars.

Do you nap a lot? I don't know if it's napping, or just sleeping when I can.

Who was the last person you hugged? Alex

What’s your current fandom/obsession/addiction? BSG, Chuck, Burn Notice

What was the last thing you ate today? Left-over Indian

What was the last thing you said aloud? Night

What websites do you always visit when you go online? Imdb, Twitter, CNN, MSNBC

What was the last thing you bought? A Batman robe & newest Backyardigans DVD for Alex's birthday, and The Strange Deaths of Batman for me.

What are you listening to right now? Good Eats

If you could have any super power, what would it be? Teleportation

What's your kitchen's color scheme? Red, white, black, bit of yellow.

What time do you usually get up? Seven on school days.

What is your most challenging goal right now? Getting to bed during the night.

Say something to the person who tagged you: I'm glad we had a chance to talk Monday.

If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? A house on the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland.

Favorite vacation spot? Have no idea; we don't go on vacation. Wouldn't mind going back to California, though.

What is your favorite children’s book? Alice in Wonderland.

Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: Cheesecake

If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be? Bob Kane

What was your first job? Washing dishes, age ten, at the Four Seasons restaurant where my mom cooked.

What’s the last movie you saw? Hmmm...Life with Father.

What's the last thing you cooked or baked? Made lovely double-dark chocolate cake.

TAGGED: Leaving it open


THE RULES:
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people

6 Thoughts for food:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Great set of randomness! Guess what is on the bookshelf in my spare bedroom/office right now? The first 16 Trixie Belden books in hardback, from my childhood. I should have known you loved Trixie too! Too funny!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Ha! I'm not even a little surprised. Soul sisters, I'm tellin' ya. I own the first...33, I think. I have about six or eight in hardcover; oh, how I loved Trixie & her friends. I wanted to be a Bob White!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Me too! I have some paperback ones (maybe 8 or so) for the ones past #16 and I always check used book stores to see if I can fill in the whole series at some point. Too funny!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I stopped getting them once I hit #32 or so; it was obvious someone else was doing the writing & I didn't care for the style as much. But I've always had to dedicate an entire shelf (or two small) to my Trixie!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Great list of random things. I agree on BSG - is there a more addictive frakkin' show on earth?!?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...I know! I'm often left with this sort of sick feeling in my stomach; as though I'd been on a roller coaster or something. Then I have to yell 'aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh' in an attempt to feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker