Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fail Whale...er, Some Soup for Souper Sundays

.



I've always been a soup fan, and I'm rather fond of Deb, so making a point of adding a soup to each week's menu took zero effort.

Unfortunately, they're not all winners. This, sadly, doesn't even deserve a certificate for participating.

This was to be a pretty simple peasant soup from Lynne Rosetto Kasper (she of NPR). Made two pots, preparing the recipe in halves, as the broth is made with smoked meat-on-bone. I used lots & lots of Bacos (which, ironically, are made of soy) to flavor ours.

Lots of veggies, water, barley. It's not like I'm a novice cook; I can follow a recipe. But this? Neither of us were impressed. It tasted like water with barley & chunks of other things. Practically no flavor at all.

It wasn't a terribly difficult recipe, but did require a bit of time. For the effort, such as it was, I expected something considerably more flavorful.

I did my best to pick out the potatoes, to feel it wasn't a complete loss. But alas, it was. Pups got soup for supper!

Hope all the other Soupers had better luck!









Time to unpack your grass skirt, and gather your coconuts, because for our 42nd get-tether, it's Tiki, Two here at Blog Party!

Hope to see you there.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

It's too bad it wasn't good--it certainly looks delicious! The round up is up now.

Thanks for participating in Souper Sundays--you are a trooper! See you at Blog Party!

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb, would that make me a 'Souper-Trooper'?????

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

How annoying when yuo spend a lot of time making something and it's a let-down... And of course you are a Souper Trouper, feeling like a number one :)

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...nooooo! Ahhhh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker