Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Souper Sundays: Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup

.



Another Sunday, another soup. Another chance to join up with Deb & Souper Sundays.

This soup was all for Matt. I think the name explains all.

I used this recipe, with a few changes. First, for the broth, I roasted the chicken beforehand, giving it a deeper & richer flavor. No cilantro, as I didn't want the soup to taste like dishwater.

I had some lime-infused rice from another dish, so substituted that for the plain or brown rice. Matt won't eat sweet potatoes, so white instead.

Skipped frying tortilla strips, to save time, and just used chips. And naturally, our avocados were in bad shape...

But he loved it. A spicy, warming, filling soup. And it made the house smell amazing.






Time to unpack your grass skirt, and gather your coconuts, because for our 42nd get-tether, it's Tiki, Two here at Blog Party!

Hope to see you there.

3 Thoughts for food:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Great soup! I love tortilla soup and Matt must have been so happy! The Souper Sunday post is now up, thanks for joining in this week. Happy Sunday!

Aloha,

Deb

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger NKP said...

Your soup looks like a big, warm hug on a cold day.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Natashya, an with the weather we've been having, most welcome!

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker