Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Balsamic & Thyme Chickpea & Chorizo

.



We don't really set resolutions in our house, although we do think of goals for ourselves, and the family.

One thing we want to do is add more ethnic & flavorful dishes to the menu. It also helps if these dishes use only a few ingredients, good strong flavors, and and can be prepared quickly.

Ok, I can do that. I just turn to Donna Hay.

This dish was wonderful. And all the things we wanted. Came together fast, good flavors.

A bit of fresh thyme, 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar (this is where you want the quality stuff, not some random bottle from your local chain grocerymart), some olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper; process briefly.

Pour this over some canned/drained chickpeas; let sit.

Slice chorizo, fry a few minutes. Add in chickpeas, with vinegar, and cook till chickpeas are warm. Eat. Clean your plate. Get more.

Tangy, with an almost sweetness. Filling, and good. Served with a salad, it's a good, fast, meal.

(oh, and yes....Alex & I had a vegetarian sausage version)









Time to unpack your grass skirt, and gather your coconuts, because for our 42nd get-tether, it's Tiki, Two here at Blog Party!

Hope to see you there.

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker