Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Galapagos Turtle

.



14-inch pan, about two pounds of pecans, dark & rich caramel, a sprinkling of Japanese sea salt, and lots of milk chocolate.

I give you one big 'turtle'!




This is for my in-law's anniverary, today. The best part of making stuff like this? Someone else has to eat it!








We're cranking up the flavor for this month's Blog Party; it's time to Spice it Up!

Hope to see you there.

11 Thoughts for food:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I LOVE turtles but have never tried maqking them myself. That is one giant and delicious treat!!!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

Oh my that is gorgeous and it looks so good! Lucky in-laws!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

NO RECIPE? Painful, it is to see it and not be able to make it.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey BV!

It's so easy to do; you really should give it a try. Worth it, absolutely worth it.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Deb!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cindy, I didn't really follow a recipe. Made it up as I went along.
Just nuts on greased parchment, make & pour your favorite caramel, let set, spread with melted milk chocolate. Really, it's that easy.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger supermom said...

Oh, Stephanie, really? I will try that, my grandson is a chocolate nut, I think he would love this!!! It looks so decadent!!!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

supermom; do try it! And don't forget the sprinkling of sea salt...it makes it so much better.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

OMG, that looks so evil, it's inspired. How many calories per serving?? ;-)

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...why do people keep attributing the word 'evil' to my cooking??!?

I honestly don't know; I find that if you crunch the numbers, no one will eat it!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

how big is that pizza pan? This is something I am making when my grandson is home end of the month. Thanks for letting me re-bug you about this turtle recipe.

You can send me the information if you want, my email is on my blog profile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker