Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Super Food

.


Irish Nachos

I can't remember my grandparents making anything special for the Super Bowl. There'd be 'wingdings' fried chicken wings & drumsticks. Maybe chips. Occasionally, and I'm almost embarrassed to admit this, sardines on saltine crackers!

But I'm a full-on foodie these days, so if there's a 'reason' to cook, I do.

I went for a vaguely PA menu; pierogies, vegetarian chip chopped sandwiches. But I knew I had to try the Irish Nachos I spotted on the Amazon al Dente blog.

Waffle fries, covered in cheese (I substituted queso for the shredded cheddar), and sprinkled with tomatoes & veg bacon, with sour cream & parsley as the store was OUT OF CHIVES!

They'd been described as a cross between nachos & loaded potato skins, and I have to say that's about right.

They're actually pretty good. You need to eat them quickly, though, because everyone knows cold fries are food buzz-kills.



1970's Pizza Batter Bread

A really nice bread; oregano & garlic powder, provolone & vegetarian pepperoni. Baked, sliced & dunked in marinara. Alex ate at least nine of them.


Cashew Caramel Corn

Sweet & crunchy. What more can I say?



Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies

A bit of Black & Gold, and a reminder of why I hate Martha Stewart. She of the food stylists & the cheating.

My whoopie pies could look as nice as hers did in the web site photo, but I elected to follow her directions exactly. 'Rounded teaspoons' my eye. She used a cookie scoop. Pfui.







We're cranking up the flavor for this month's Blog Party; it's time to Spice it Up!

Hope to see you there.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Sydney Hell said...

Oh. My. God.

Those Irish Nachos look so amazing right now, I love that you are vegetarian and use the veggie bacon. I hate that you don't live anywhere near me, so I can't beg you to invite me to your parties!

YUM!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Sydney!

I stopped eating meat not because I didn't like it, but because I did't want to hurt animals for my dinner. So, I still love all those dishes...luckily, there's so many veg meat alternatives, I can replicate pretty much any dish I want!

Oh! Yes, that is a bit of a distance; in fact, we drove from the Bay area...going South to somewhere outside LA, then hitting the Interstate...to here six & a half years ago, so I'm more than aware of how far away you are!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

OMG those Irish nachos look so evil, they actually become post-evil and threfor = good! Talk about fusion food...!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne; their goodness is practically angelic, despite their evil appearance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker