Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mmm...BurnedMeat Flavor

.



We have a new Asian grocer in town; one that is very much like a 99 Ranch Market...something we've missed rather terribly since leaving California.

Well, it's like a 99 Ranch, except it's clean. And organized. And has less of that overwhelming fish smell...but otherwise, exactly like a 99 Ranch.

I had great fun roaming the aisles, grabbing various things, whether to restock, try or get simply because it looked interesting.

But when I came upon this, I had to pull out the camera. I don't feel I need to explain the 'why'.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Esme said...

Walking through Ranch Market is always an experience. I recently bought my cats cat treats which is dried whitefish (from the pet store). It just reeks of dried fish-shocking that is what it is. It is the same as walking through the market and looking at the nasty dried sardines.

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger NKP said...

Ha! Something must have gotten lost in the translation. Like when you find the Lait de Poule(t) here in Canada - literally means chicken milk! Really they mean egg nog... or at least I hope they do!
Hubby kept a can he found for years because it said now with richer brown flavour. He loved that, "brown flavour", mmmm...

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Irene said...

I'm guessing they wanted to say bbq flavor? Cajun? I love roaming around in this kind of market!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Esme...It's a smell we all know, isn't it? Just so recognizable?

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Natashya...that is such a 'guy' thing, isn't it??

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Irene...I really hope that's what they meant!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Morven said...

I always thought that when friends sent funny emails about these things they were made up - guess not!

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my god Morven!!! I have been thinking about you for about a week now! How are you? I'm a horrible person; I dont' think I ever thanked you for those wonderful Tim Tams you sent! Loved the honeycomb...such a neat thing to eat.

What's new? I miss talking 'at' you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker