Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

BBM: Pretty Things from India

.




There's always an awkward moment, during Blogging by Mail match-ups. It comes when I need to find someone to send me a package. Nothing like saying 'hey, give me stuff, ok?' to someone you don't know!

This time the task was given to Gauri, of Life Rules in India.




And what a lovely, & unexpected, package I got!!




A pretty holiday card.



A bag of tea. Because...in my house...few things are better than tea!



A wonderful hand-written note on very pretty paper.



And jewelry!! Gauri sent two kinds.



These gorgeous beaded necklaces & earrings, which she made herself (and just happened to 'know' purple & blue are among my favorite colors?).







And these amazing & so-delicate terra cotta pieces, as well!



Jewlery, for me, is definitely an indulgence. So thank you, Gauri...I get to feel pretty & special with my new accessories!!

10 Thoughts for food:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Morven said...

Nice! Looks like you got a great package of goodies.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

what a wonderful package! that jewelry looks amazing!

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Misty said...

Very nice, and lucky you!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

What a great package! The jewellery is just lovely.

 
At 2:22 AM, Blogger Gauri Gharpure said...

hey, glad u liked this.. here's wishing a happy new year

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Morven! Yes; I really did. Tea & hand-made jewelry? Yes please.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, b2b! I still can't decide which is my favorite.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Misty!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Cakelaw! It really was...& I know! What an unexpected treat.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Gauri; I really did!! Thank you again, & I hope your 2010's going well for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker