Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Cambodian Chicken & Rice Soup

.




Southeast Asian flavors are much-loved in our house. This soup seemed like a good fit.

Incredibly simple, especially with the shortcut of rotisserie chicken & already-cooked rice.

(we omitted the cilantro, being in the 'it tastes like dish soap' camp)

A good, deep chicken flavor with a very faint sweetness & warmth, with a strong basil note.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 11:55 PM, Blogger Rachel Rubin said...

Ha! I used to think cilantro tastes like dish soap too! But my palate has evolved or something because I don't mind it now.

The soup looks great! I like that they suggest you use a prepared chicken instead of taking the time to cook it in the soup, letting it cool, etc.

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

I am in the opposite cilantro camp but I still love you and will wave from across the lake! ;-) The soup looks delicious and so full of flavor. Thanks for sending it to Souper Sundays--it is always a pleasure when you stop by and join in!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Rachel;

It's definitely an acquired taste. Reactions tend to be pretty strong, one way or the other. Fortunately, we can usually sub basil or parsley.

Oh, that's one of the reasons I was keen to try it. Saved me the trouble of roasting a chicken!

 
At 1:02 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I wave back at you, Deb!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker