Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tomato Bisque

.



A most amazing soup, & a nice way to welcome the cooler (or so I've been told) weather.

To save myself a step & also keep from making two batches, one vegetarian & one omnivore, I skipped the 'cooking bacon' stage.

Instead, I added olive oil for extra fat & sprinkled in a bit of smoked salt. I also added a bit more at the end.

In addition, a generous handful of grated cheese (combination Parmesan & smoked Gouda) was stirred in before serving.

The result was a rich, smoky & wonderful soup.

Requested by the second grader for his school lunch. Twice.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

You had me at smoky. ;-) This looks delicious--creamy and comforting. Thanks for sending it to Souper Sundays. ;-)

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey, Deb!

Really good stuff. So simple. And see? Who gets me posting again? You.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker