Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, October 08, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies: Lemon Wafers

.



Every year, as I plan my holiday cookies, I consider dropping this one.

It seems so boring. So plain.

But it's also a break from all the chocolate & heaviness.

A fairly standard butter cookie, with a mild lemon taste from both juice & zest.

And Matt says they're great with tea!

Be sure to check in with April & see all the other cookies.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 2:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love a good lemon cookie even more than a chocolate one simply because they're harder to get right. They have to be zesty, tangy, tart, in short everything that makes your mouth water. Yours look like they fit that description. Great pick.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Rachel Rubin said...

Thanks for posting! I saw your post last week and that is how I discovered the 12 weeks of christmas cookies.
http://rachelsbite.blogspot.com/2010/10/almond-biscotti.html

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger April said...

I think you always need something lemon! They look great!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Gauri Gharpure said...

looks very tempting..

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Lisa!

Though not my first choice, they do seem to go over well. And again, they're great with a cup of tea on a chilly night...

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Rachel!

Happy to have gotten you on board. And biscotti are always a good idea.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, April.

Yeah, I usually need to pare back the heavy/chocolate recipes, & this does a good job of adding variety.

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Gauri!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker