Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, October 15, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies: Pistachio Fingers

.



Another holiday cookie staple. (And another I'm going to have to copy soon: I've been making these for so many years, the recipes are becoming illegible!)

Buttery base, flavored with almond paste.

Dipped in melted chocolate & rolled in finely chopped pistachios.

See what everyone else made over at Abby Sweets.

4 Thoughts for food:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

What a delicious choice for this week. The green color of the pistachios makes them perfect for Christmas.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger April said...

You can't go wrong with butter, almond paste, chocolate....

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi, Lisa!

And thanks; I always like that chocolate/nut contrast to the pale cookie, too.

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

April;

Oddly enough, while I love almonds themselves, I'm not actually a fan of almond paste! Good thing I don't make them for me, right?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker