Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hot Food for a Cold Day

.

More recipes from More Recipes from Moosewood...

It definitely felt like a night for warm, filling, food.

I'd seen a recipe for a Cheese Tart in the More from... book, and felt it would be a good choice.

And wow...was it simple to make! A very easy pastry crust (lucky for me, as I'm not the world's best...or most patient...crust-maker). Grate some cheddar, Gruyere, and smoked Swiss (which was the important one...the tart was touted as the veggie's answer to bacon-craving) and sprinkle over the crust.


Beat eggs, a bit of flour, salt and pepper together, and pour over cheese. Bake 45 minutes.


I thought it was fantastic. Matt's response? "Oh, my god" This one's a keeper.

Oh, I did add some sundried tomatoes to it, too...

To go with the tart, I made another Moosewood recipe, an incredibly simple Tomato and Garlic soup.
I'm talking saute garlic in olive oil, add and saute Hungarian paprika, then pour in tomato juice. For some extra 'oomph', I threw in the Gruyere rind.


Grate some Parmesan on top, and toss in some croutons. Zesty, but not too tart. And most certainly warm and filling.

A loaf of crusty bread I made Sunday


A nice salad of arugula, carrot, cucumber and avocado, and dinner is served.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie, More Recipes from Moosewood looks like a great investment. The recipes you've tried from this book have all had great results so far. That looks like another delicious meal. :)

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Julia.

And I made a mistake...I was posting rather late (or was it early?)..it's actually New Recipes From Moosewood, not More!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker