Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter!!!

.



Matt and I are recovering right now. Alex is sleeping (thank you, Lord!).

We started the day with a decadent breakfast casserole from Paula Deen, Baked French Toast Casserole (with praline). Yum.



Later, we had Matt's parents over for our Easter meal. This year, I decided to go easy on myself.

For lunch:



A tasty lentil soup, topped with grated Parmesan.



A fantastic pasta dish with spianach and feta, from the most recent issue of Gourmet.



Tomatoes stuffed with Rice

There were grilled lamb chops, with rosemary, thyme and garlic...but they were eaten too quickly...sorry, no pictures.

I had a very sweet and tangy honey mustard fake chicken, but alas...no pictures of that, either.

And a tangy drink, my Saturday night brainstorm: rosemary-infused lemonade.



A simple syrup, cooked with fresh rosemary sprigs, added to fresh lemon juice and sparkling water. Really nice.

But dessert?



Vanilla Angel Food Cake, with toppings...dulce de leche, macerated strawberries (with a touch of balsamic vinegar) and a chocolate whipped cream. Nice...

But now? Off to rest...hope you had a great Easter (those who celebrate, anyway...)

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker